Turn off predictive text input
While creating a new text message, press and hold the Options key for two seconds, -OR-
Press Options, scroll to Predictive text and press Select.
Scroll to Prediction off, then press Select.
• TIPS FOR PREDICTIVE TEXT
Check a word
When you’ve finished writing a word and the word is correct as shown:
• Press the 0 key to confirm the word and enter a space. Continue with the
next word. -OR-
• Insert a punctuation mark, then press the 0 key for a new sentence.
If the displayed word is not correct:
• Press the * key repeatedly until the correct word appears, then press the 0 key to confirm
your choice and continue. -OR-
• Press Options, scroll to Matches, then press Select. Scroll to the correct word and press Use.
• Press the 0 key to confirm the word and enter a space.
When you enter punctuation at the end of a sentence, the phone switches to
sentence case. The first letter of the next word automatically appears in uppercase.
ADD TO THE DICTIONARY
When your word is not in the dictionary, the left selection key becomes Spell.
Select Spell and enter the word using standard text entry.
Press Save to insert the correct word (and to save it to the dictionary).
INSERT NUMBERS AND SYMBOLS
The procedure for entering numbers with predictive text and standard text entry is the same.
Please see “Enter numbers” on page 16.
The procedure for entering symbols with predictive text and standard text entry is the same.
Please see “Enter punctuation/other characters” on page 16.
WRITE COMPOUND WORDS
Write the first part of the compound word, and press the scroll down key to accept that part.
Write the last part of the compound word. Press the 0 key to enter the word.
[ 20 ]