Take out the battery.
RUIM card slot
Your phone has a RUIM card slot built into its mechanics. However, the RUIM card slot is not
functional in this phone model. Please avoid placing anything in this slot.
Important battery information
• Recharge your battery only with a charger approved by Nokia.
• You can switch the phone on and use it for calls while the battery is charging.
• If the battery is completely discharged, it may take a few minutes for the battery indicator
to appear on the screen.
• If you switch the phone on after fully charging, the message Battery full displays momentarily.
• Charging time depends on the charger and battery used. Please see “Battery information”
on page 77, for more information.
• If the battery has become completely discharged, you may need to recharge it for a few
minutes before you can make or receive calls.
Prolong battery life
A battery lasts longer and performs better if you fully discharge it from time to time. To
discharge your battery, leave your phone switched on until the battery drains completely.
Ignore any messages to recharge your battery and let the battery completely discharge
Do not attempt to discharge the battery by any means other than those
• SWITCH YOUR PHONE ON OR OFF
To switch your phone on or off, press and hold the power key (located on the top of the phone)
for two seconds.
[ 10 ]
Do not switch on the phone when wireless phone use is prohibited or when
it may cause interference or danger.
• CHECK THE START SCREEN
The start screen is the phone’s display when no calls are in progress, and there are currently no
menu or phone book entries displayed.
You can easily return to the start screen from any location (other than an active call) simply by
pressing the End key.
• USE THE SELECTION KEYS
Note the two selection keys beneath the screen. The function of these keys is determined by
the word shown above them on the screen.
For example, pressing the left selection key when the word Menu appears above it shows the
first of many menus. Scroll through the menus using the up scroll and down scroll keys.
Likewise, pressing the right selection key when Contacts appears above it displays the phone
• USE THE SCROLL KEY